Occupant protection systems
Passive safety systems protect the vehicle occupants in a crash as a result of their restraining function combined with their ability to absorb crash energy. Optimally adjusted systems reduce the loads and the risk of injury.
SUSPA® - occupant protection components open new ways for system design by using their adaptive and simultaneously adjustable energy absorbing ability. SUSPA develops the best solution for every conceivable application, either linear or rotational.
- integration of comfort functions e. g. steering column adjustment
- filled with solid silicone - speed dependent
- highly efficient in accordance with the reforming principle
- High dynamic energy absorbing
- Linear or rotational
- Speed dependent damping
- Highly efficient
- Smallest mounting dimensions
- Low weight
- Wide force range
- seat belt / belt retractor: speed dependent rotation damper
- steering column / controls: threaded spindle with energy absorption element
- driver's seat: head restraints with whiplash damper